Friday, May 28, 2010

Tom Foolery

We are getting more people in our office, so we had to rearrange our office to fit a few extra people. We spent the better part of the day moving furniture, cleaning up, assembling chairs and reinstalling our computers. As we were finishing up, I looked at my watch and realized that I was late for a meeting. I had to leave my office mates behind to clean up the boxes that contained all the new chairs.

I should not have left them unsupervised. They got creative with the boxes. They constructed the USS Frey complete with a porthole, hatch and anchor. Our Marine Colonel got a kick out of the art project, but he did comment that he was ten the last time he saw something like this.

Hey! Service members will always find a way to make a deployment fun.

Enjoy the pictures!





3 comments:

  1. It looks ship-shape and Bristol fashion to me. When do you take her out for her maiden voyage?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad calls it the USS Neversail but USS Frey is better. We can see the water on your starboard bow. So you do have water there. Love M&D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry Matthew, but the USS Frey is total weak sauce compared to the S.S. Kaboom! or the good ship Nimitz. I guess I should expect this kind of thing out of a Domer. If I weren't a dirty, nasty civilian, I'd show you how a real sailor from the Severn School for Boys would make that vessel ship-shape. Maybe if you had "We Win" (Qui Nguyen) or Spoonie Luv there, you'd be a little less unsat. Oh well, keep up the good fight.

    ReplyDelete