Sorry that I have not written anything in the last month. Work has been busy, but not very eventful - which is probably a good thing. I've been here for just over fourth months now, so I am officially one of the old timers. Strange, I don't feel that wise!
Despite all the work and stress, one little act yesterday made everything better. As a group of us were walking between camps, we passed a mother holding her son's hand. As you saw in some of my earlier pictures, when I have all my gear on I do not appear to be that approachable. As this 2 year old little boy passed us, he stuck out his little hand to shake our hands. We all shook his hand as we passed. His mother and many bystanders stopped for just a moment to smile.
He made our day, and I hope our actions had a positive impact on those around us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Some things never change. All kids seem to act alike. I can recall times in VietNam when I would go with a Corpsman to the local village to provide some first aid and to pow wow with the Village Chief. Of course the women and children came first, then the old timers, and finally the men. The folks back home were sending supplies that we would take to the village. One group sent a box of scented soap that looked like seashells and rosebuds and the like. Soap was a prized item. One of the kids, maybe age 4 or 5, walked in, saw the soap, and promptly popped one into his mouth. It didn't stay there long. Keep up the good work.
ReplyDeleteOh,
ReplyDeleteAs a Mom and Grandmother that brought a tear to my eye. You are truly a special man and that was a "God" moment as your sister would say. Many blessings to you today and the weeks to come. You always have a way of seeing the blue sky. When I told your special girl on the 24th I'd missed your call on my b'day she said, "Now you can save the message and play it over and over". How did she get so smart? Being married to a special guy I guess.
love you.
Hi there! I just found the email with your blog address, so I'm a little late to the party. I hope you are doing well and staying safe. I have a lot of reading to catch up on! :) Great to see your smiling face.
ReplyDeleteWe are glad you are doing well. Saw your mom and dad today at a Hospice event. They released 250 butterflies. Your parents are so very proud of you! As are Frank and I. Can't believe we have known you for over 25 years!
ReplyDeleteAren't little kids just great! I'm glad to hear you are safe. Life and work are busy as ever. Hopefully I will see all the girls at the office or company picnic in the next few weeks!
ReplyDeleteMom is going to visit Karen H in 5th grade to talk about your school visit. Do you have a POC for school Pen Pals?
ReplyDelete