Thursday, December 17, 2009

Training Complete





Well, I am getting on a plane in a few hours to head to Kuwait. Our combat training at Ft Jackson is complete. During this past week I qualified expert on the M-9 pistol and sharpshooter on the M-16 rifle. We also received combat first aid, convoy training, and cultural awareness. It was a long week, but the training was excellent and necessary. I do pray that I never have to use any of it.

I added a few pictures of our training, including a familiarization fire of a machine gun. I also added two of my favorite pictures. Each morning at 4:15 some crazy barracks mate of mine would turn on the lights. You can see my typical reaction. The first picture is from the American Legion send off. My family was able to come down for this patriotic and supportive good-bye.

Take care and God Bless

1 comment:

  1. Matthew;

    Your blog almost sounds like you're having fun....armor, guns, marching.

    You're going to be a formidable project manager at MPR once you get back!

    Wishing you and your familty the best, and a Merry Christmas!

    -Bobby

    ReplyDelete