It began to sink in that I was going home when I got to Kuwait. I was checking out from a Navy run facility. After a year with the Army it was good to be around people that spoke my language.

Before being able to go home for good, we had some final administrative work in Gulfport, MS. It was nice to be back on US soil again. We took advantage of the simple pleasures - eating out at a restaurant, being outside without body armor, and sleeping as late as possible.
One of our last days in Gulfport we took a stroll on the beach to stretch our legs and get used to wearing civilian clothes again.

Monday, December 6 we all headed back to our families. We were in such a rush to catch our flights that our good-byes were cut short. After serving with each other for a year, it was odd to shake a hand and say good-bye for
At 9 P.M. I walked off the plane and found my welcoming committee! For some strange reason I thought my little girls would be asleep since it was so late. As you can see, I was wrong. Those little hugs were amazing!


It's over and I'm home! Thank you for all your support and prayers. Please keep my shipmates that are still over there in your prayers.
Take care and God Bless.
Welcome home Matthew!! :)
ReplyDelete