After running around and filling out checklists at NMPS Gulfport, I headed off to Columbia, SC for my Army training. Fortunately, Thanksgiving fell in between these two events, and I was able to see my wife and children.
We were very lucky to be invited to the horse farm of our friend's family. The entire weekend was a blast, and it was a great get away from the military. The farm had nine horses, six dogs, a playground, a small pond, two golf carts, and a large fire pit. Every day was filled with exciting activities and food. My girls were not happy leaving since life at our house does not include horse and cart rides nor do we have a playground in the back yard.
The best part of the weekend was just being together as a family. I had left the house earlier in the week, but the good-bye was rushed due to the fact that I tried to get as much done around the house before I left. Being on the farm without responsibilities allowed us to be spend time with each other. We no longer had to get anything done or finish off some checklist.
Our friends were very generous to invite us to their Thanksgiving, and we truly appreciate the wonderful weekend.
sounds like a great way to spend the holiday
ReplyDelete